How many times at work have you heard your Leader/Supervisor say to you, you need to take more Initiative?
What is the Definition of Initiative? Well in the workplace it means to take Action and start doing a task/job just because it needs to be done, without having to be told By your Supervisor.
Here are a couple of examples using Initiative in the workplace.
Perhaps you found a faster more efficient way to increase production which will improve the business.
Or maybe you have an Idea of a new product line that the Company could Capitalize on or offer as a service.
But I am not here to talk about your job. I am here to talk to you about your Life.
This Website is about Motivation and Inspiration
Which one are you?
Taking Initiative is a call to Action
Examples taking Initiative
I am Passionate about Natural Alternatives to Health Care.
I am a Life Coach, and Passionate about Motivational, Inspirational, and Self-Help books. I have read Hundreds of these types of books, and this is my Purpose for Creating this Website. It is my wish to share with all of you the Knowledge I have learned over the years; to help you to Transform your lives so you may live out your Passions and Dreams.
This one I will tell you about later once we have gotten to know each other better.
Don't you Ever Get Tired of Working for Someone Else?
If you enjoyed this post, or even if you didn’t; please leave a comment good or bad, I would enjoy reading them; or if you have a question or a topic that you would like to discuss. I would enjoy that as well.
Example: Let's say that you have a plumbing problem, and know nothing about plumbing. There are a lot of DIY books you could read up on and learn to fix the leak yourself instead of paying a plumber to do it for you or with today's internet you could find a YouTube Video on the subject of repairing leaky pipes.
Self Confidence Meaning
By Lao Tzu
How to Find Self Confidence
By Theodore Roosevelt
Tips for Gaining Self Confidence
- Always ask yourself. What is the worst thing that can happen?
- Change your definition of Failure.
- Do not compare yourself to other people.
- Don't compare your past experiences with today.
- Always be kind to yourself and others.
- If you have a lot of negative friends you need to change that to a group of positive friends.
- Step outside of your comfort zone and try.
- Don't take everything so serious.
- Celebrate all of your successes no matter how small they may seem to be.
- Eliminate the word I can't, out of your vocabulary.
- Stop seeking for everyone else's approval.
- Follow your Heart instead of your Head.
By Jodi Picoult
Self Confidence Exercises
- Set up a few small goals that are achievable.
Example: Practice eliminating the word I can't, out of your vocabulary.
- Look for solutions to your problems.
- Write down five to ten things you can appreciate about yourself.
- Don't talk negatively about yourself.
- Take time to get to know yourself.
I know that you were probably just like me as a child when I was somewhere between the ages of nine or ten; I remember being off by myself somewhere contemplating life. I know I asked God this question a million times. What is the Purpose of my Life?
- Maybe you love to sing, and you can bring joy to many people with your voice.
- Maybe you're an artist, and you can bring beauty to the world with your paintings/drawings.
- Maybe you're an inventor, and you can help people with your inventions.
― Joel Osteen
When Purpose Meets Destiny
By: David Viscott
By: Farshad Asl
Key success book. There are a lot of excellent books that cover this very topic. Napoleon Hill has one of my favorite books titled The Law of Success in which he characterizes the attributes in what he thinks it takes to become. successful, and I would have to say that I agree with him. I will cover a few of them.
- You need to have a Passion/or a Burning Desire to Accomplish something.
- You need a Purpose.
- You need Imagination.
- You need Self-Confidence.
- You need Enthusiasm.
- You have to take Action.
- Most of all, you cannot be afraid of Failure.
What is the Definition of Success?
What are some Success Habits?
- Get a Good Nights Sleep
- Get up Early and Plan out your Day.
- Do the Things First that you Hate the Most.
- Try to Eat a Good Breakfast.
- Feed your Mind by Reading Good Books.
- Don't be Lazy.
- Don't be afraid to take some Risks.
- Look for Solutions instead of Focusing on Problems.
- Time Management
- Don't Procrastinate
What are some Success Principles?
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but you think you can't
It is almost certain you won't.
If you think, you'll lose you've lost.
For out of the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think, you are outclassed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise;
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man
But sooner or later the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can. "Written by Walter D Wintle"
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment I would enjoy reading them; or if you have a question or a topic that you would like to discuss. If you know people who could benefit from this message, please be sure to tell them about my website. Or post it to Facebook.
I would enjoy hearing some of your Success Stories.
Sincerely Dale (Life Coach)
How are you Living your Life?
Albert Einstein said “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” What does this mean to you when you think about what that quote says?
- I have bills to pay.
- When I get out of debt.
- When the kids get older.
- I'm too busy.
- I don't have time.
I am sure that you can add to this list and please do I would like to hear your comments.
So stop making excuses!
Highly Motivated People
- Money doesn't grow on trees.
- We can't afford this/that.
- Do I look like I'm made of money!
- You're not smart enough
- You're not good enough
- You're not pretty enough
- You're too fat
- You're too skinny
What are some that you can add to this list?
Please leave a reply in the comments section.
I will give you a couple of examples.
I almost laughed in her face, but instead, I said to her that it depends on your definition of being rich.
But I have some of the best friends, and family in the world, that would do anything for me; and that my health was fantastic, I have a decent job and a great spiritual connection with our Creator. So yes, I am rich!
Not everybody’s definition of being rich is the same. It is all in how you choose to think and look at life.